Tuesday 17 June 2014

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 14:38 No comments


I can remember when I used to look at the lives of other people and wish to have a life like theirs. I didn’t want the life I had and thought if only I can get to where they are, I will be fulfilled. But just because they appear to be happy, it does not mean that they really are.

Many of us know the saying “the grass is greener on the other side.” I used to think that it was until I came to the realisation that the grass is greener where I water it. I even tried moving to another city but that failed because it was not what I had envisioned. It was a lot tougher than I thought and I found myself in a worst position then before.

 Many people move cities, countries, jobs etc in the hope of finding a fulfilled and happy life but through my own personal experiences, I have learned we can turn sour lemons into sweet tasty lemonade where we are. The place we go will not make our conditions perfect; we are the ones who make the conditions perfect by doing things that will change our lives and make us happy, and it starts within.

When we change our attitudes towards things, let go of what is wearing us down (and most of the time that includes people) we start to see things in a different light, gain a positive mindset and start achieving things thought we never could.


0 comments:

Post a Comment